Monday, February 20, 2012

Meal Plan: Monday and Tuesday (2/20 and 2/21)

Hello, again! Hello, again, all!

I am going to give a meal plan for 2 days and an extra breakfast. This time it is NOT because I am slacking. We are taking a trip starting Wednesday REALLY early, so we don't have a meal plan for 2 weeks. I am sure by the end of this I will be happy to cook in my own kitchen, again...maybe. I'm not really a "cook" so I'm not fond of it. I love baking, though *sigh*

So, I will be doing some baking in the next two days getting ready for our trip. I'm SUPER excited to be on the move. We are going to AZ to see friends and soak up some warmth. I miss the sun and warmth up here in Idaho.


I plan on making granola bars, cinnamon applesauce bread, oatmeal raisin cookies, and waffles. That's all I can think of at the moment. We also got plenty of stuff at Trader Joe's for our trip, so I think we are pretty much all set! We have to hit Costco and the local stores once more for fresh fruit and veggies, though. I think I will do that as well as other errands with the boys tomorrow.

Our two day (plus one breakfast) meal plan:

Monday:
Breakfast-Oatmeal and Spelt Toast (from Trader Joe's) with cranberry apple butter
Lunch-Hot Dogs and Veggie Chips
Dinner-Leftover Chicken (from Sunday crockpot) and Quinoa

Tuesday:
Breakfast-Cereal (last treat before we leave)
Lunch-Salmon Salad on rice cakes and leftover quinoa
Dinner-Wildtree flavored chicken breast and carrots (or any leftovers in the fridge)


Wednesday:
Breakfast-Cocktail pups, tator tots and eggs (for those who can have them)


To Bake:
Cinnamon Applesauce Bread
Granola Bars
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Waffles
Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies (maybe)
Muffins (maybe)

I am planning on blogging during our trip, but that is not for sure. It depends on internet access and how much running around and "stuff" we do. I can't wait to tell everyone how the trip goes. We have to drive 16 1/2 hours. Yes, we plan to stop overnight. We learned little boys don't do well straight through the hard way last summer. I can't wait to see all our friends and go hiking! It should be a fun trip.

I would surely appreciate anyone with ideas for food and travel ideas with little ones to chime in on this post.

Don't forget to like me on Facebook if you want to see new posts!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...