Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Recipe of the Week: Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Adapted from Food Doodles at fooddoodles.com

Guess I must be on a bit of a cookie kick. Yikes! Last week I gave a recipe for Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies. I took them to belly dance class and the girls thought they were delicious.

This week, on Monday, I made Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. My two little boys helped mix the ingredients. It was a fiasco though. Anybody have any advice for how to let two little boys (3 years old and 19 months old) at a little counter help their mommy make cookies? If so, please comment and let me know because I TOTALLY need a solution. Thanks!

I love to make these cookies as it is a quick recipe, quick mixing and quick baking. What else do you need when a cookie craving hits? Plus, they only make about 10 (if "man size" as my mom used to day) to 2 dozen so there aren't too many...if that's even possible.

On to the recipe!

Ingredients:

Wet:
½ cup (or 1 stick) butter, softened
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg (or egg substitute)
1 tsp vanilla
Dry:
1 ½ cup oats
¾ cup spelt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup craisins (or you may do all raisins)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, beat together the softened butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.

In another bowl combine the dry ingredients, except for the raisins and craisins. After they are combined, pour into the large bowl containing the wet ingredients and mix well. Add the raisins and craisins and mix until evenly distributed.

Use a cookie scoop or drop by teaspoonful onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.

Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the bottom of the cookie start to look browned. Let cool for a couple minutes on the cookie sheet and then put on a cooling rack to continue cooling. If these last long enough, put them in an airtight container to store.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

I took the picture when my boys were asleep this time so there wouldn't be any little hands trying to take the cookies :o)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...