Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cleaning and Organizing

I have always had a hard time cleaning and organizing. I feel good after it is done, but getting started is the main problem. I almost need a pep rally to get going!

On the other hand, I know if our house isn’t organized and clean we tend to spend more time doing things that aren’t as important as our job of caring for children and doing things that would glorify the Lord. So, I need to get on top of the mess---unclean dishes, dusty shelves, disastrous cupboards, dirty refrigerator, etc. I know there are many books out there with schedule on what to do each day, but I feel if I get behind that schedule I failed and it all goes out the window. In my world, one day I may not be able to do much due to my little boys needing me more on that particular day and another they may play quietly for hours.

I have decided that I will attempt to spend each week for at least the next 4 weeks working on a deep, in and out cleaning of a particular room. I will, of course, keep up with the normal chores such as washing clothes, washing dishes, etc. Just writing this makes me more excited and eager to get started. I will let you all know when I have completed the first area, which is the kitchen.

My kitchen is rather small for everything I would like to do with it. We just don’t have enough cabinet room for all the different “stuff” we have that we need occasionally such as vegetable platter, cake carrier, waffle maker, etc. I hope to find a way to organize that this week. On top of that, my preparation cart has become a “catch all” for junk mail, papers, computer accessories, etc. So, I am planning on taking care of that this week and be DONE with it so my preparation cart is a usable area, again.

Here are a few photos of my horrendous kitchen, at the moment. In a weeks time, I hope to put up pictures of a much nicer looking kitchen. I, also, hope it will look beautiful and clean, even where you don’t see (such as the refrigerator).




The preparation cart mess (left) and the microwave mess on (right).


The unorganized pots and pans cabinet.

Wish me luck in my endeavor...I shall need it!

2 comments:

Kasey @ Walking Redeemed said...

How do those cupboards get so messy so quickly? We can reorganize them on Monday and by Wednesday they are a mess again. I suppose I really need to train my kitchen helpers to stack stuff neatly...which means I obviously need to train myself first!

♥ my diary♥ said...

Nice post thanks for sharing..blessings for you...loves soraya

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...