1 medium onion (optional)
3-4 russet potatoes
2 stalks celery (optional)
1 can green beans
1 can corn
1 can mushrooms (optional)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1. Brown the ground beef in the pan with a little oil, if needed. Add in spices such as salt, pepper, garlic powder or whatever you like. You can brown the beef with an onion, if you like. Drain grease if needed.
2. Peel and cut the potatoes into pieces. Add after the beef is cooked and drained. Put in enough water to cover the potatoes (usually takes about 2-3 cups)
3. Peel and chop the carrots and throw in with the potatoes and beef. Chop and throw in the celery.
4. Cook until the potatoes are cooked through. Then, add in the green beans, corn, mushrooms, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Cook until all the ingredients are warmed through.
5. Add salt, pepper or chia seeds for a little extra nutrition.
We love this recipe, and I love it because it’s so easy to cook. When I don’t know what else to make, mom soup it is! My kids LOVE it...I’m serious. My son just ate at least half of the bowl I just had. I had to get a second bowl because he ate so much and he ate about a third of that one.
Hope this recipe helps when you have no idea what to make for dinner!
What is the go to recipe in your house?