Wednesday, December 28, 2011

BLTs

As many of you already know, we are (mostly) wheat free and dairy free in our family. My youngest son and I also stay away from eggs, in large quantities. This all came about due to allergies we learned my youngest son had about a year ago, which I will write about in a post, eventually.

Now, we are far off the subject...BLTs! That is what I wanted to write about today. My family makes BLTs for lunch. We don't really use all the components that BLT stands for, but it works for us. So, I wanted to let other people know about it whether wheat free, dairy free, egg free or not.

Ingredients:
Rice Cakes (lightly salted)
Mayonnaise or Mustard
Spinach

Turkey Bacon (we use no nitrate, no nitrite, all natural)
Avocado
Tomatoes

These are the order in which we put the BLTs together. You can use lettuce instead of spinach, regular bacon, if you like, no avocados. The possibilities are endless. We usually end up eating two, and everyone seems to love them. They can be a bit messy, but...who cares! It's bacon and other ingredients that are good too :)
Here's a couple pictures (if you needed more convincing):




YUMMY!!!





Do you have recipes that you call one thing, but it's not...really...what it is?
Let me know what you think of this recipe! I love comments!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...