Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Blog Help

You have heard of self help books, right? They are a big industry with people wanting to make themselves better whether it is financially, physically or spiritually. I find that I don’t need to go and buy a book for self help. If I really need one to tangibly hold, I can go to the library and see if I like it. On the other hand, I find many homemaking blogs and friends putting up Bible verses on Facebook for the day help me tremendously.


For some years in my 20’s, I was slacking pretty bad in my Christian walk. Some of that had to do with “time,” inability to find a church I wanted to attend and having it pretty easy, I think. Times were good! Money was coming in, we were clearing debt, and my husband I were having a great time being married. Then, I got pregnant and I realized that was going to change. I had no doubt my hubby could take care of us on his income, but I didn’t know how HARD it would be to be a mom.

The first few months after having my oldest son, Philip, were the hardest I can remember. He couldn’t nurse correctly, at first, he wanted to nurse for an hour on end, and sleep was hard to come by. When he was nursing for half an hour, some days, I would get out my Bible and start reading trying to find encouragement. After about 3 months, things settled into a routine and I got lazy, again. It’s easy to get lazy when you can’t find a church you enjoy and like in your area to get into and people to rely on to keep you a bit “accountable.” Life gets hectic and you forget about praying and God like he is a friend in another state you mean to “get in touch with” but they days go on without contact.

In the last 4 months, with urging from the Holy Spirit, blogs, my boys getting older, and me trying to make myself better, I have been digging in to the scripture a bit more. I’m not perfect with Bible study, by no means. On the other hand, I would have to say other blogs have really helped me be more accountable and take a moment out here and there in the day to read, check my heart, and try to be the better mother the Lord asks of me. It’s like a little dose of “God’s here, ask for His help. Duh!” I want to send a big THANK YOU to all those blogs out there that have been helping me out!

Two of my favorite verses that I had forgotten I memorized long ago and now think on:

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.”---John 3:16

Wow…just wow! How many of us would be able to do that for others? Thank God we don’t have to even think of it because it was done for us.

“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lead not into thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.”---Proverbs 3:5-6

Ahhh…my favorite “power” verse of all time. If you’re lost, there is One you can cry out to who will direct your paths. I have to remember this when I am sinking in babies, housework, fear, anger, and listlessness. He will direct my paths if I just look to Him.

God Bless!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...